- Establish desired product type, criteria for acquisition (minimum/maximum price, debt requirements), determine timeframe for property identification, and outline ideal escrow period.
- Provide details for any currently available, upcoming and/or off-market investment opportunities.
- Perform detailed underwriting of current income in comparison to market rents.
- Identify any potential upside/downside risk associated with the property and/or tenancy.
- Create a specific business plan for the asset under new ownership to achieve the highest yield
with least amount of capital.
- Research and understand any seller motivation to negotiate the best possible sale price and terms.
- Review purchase agreement to make certain contract is inclusive of all business terms (a purchase agreement is a legal document and we recommend clients retain an attorney for review).
- Coordinate due diligence investigation which may include Building, Phase I environmental, roof and mechanical inspections and ALTA surveying.
- Assist appraiser with access to property and supply details for recent comparable sales and leases as may be required.
- Review title report to investigate for any recorded exceptions such as mechanic liens, lawsuits, easements and/or any other adverse matters (we recommend clients retain an attorney for review to ensure clear title).
- Assist in successful sale closing to include review of settlement statement and coordination with lender and escrow agent.